WISE@QMUL presents an exciting evening seminar and networking opportunity: “Women in entrepreneurship”.
This will appeal to anyone working or interested in setting up their own business. Come along and hear some interesting speakers, question them on a Q&A panel, and network with like-minded people over refreshments! Registration is free.
WISE@QMUL is an inclusive society aiming to provide information and a networking platform for those interested in female participation in science. We welcome men as well as women, and academics from undergraduate level to professors.
When: Wednesday 14 November 2013, 4-6 pm
Where: Room 1.28, ArtsOne, Mile End Campus
Map: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/docs/about/26065.pdf (Building 37)
Register for this event at www.learninginstitute.qmul.ac.uk/booking (use code: RW203).
16:30 Laura Heijink (President, Queen Mary Entrepreneurs)
16:35 Tracy Bussoli (Careers and Enterprise, QMUL)
16:45 Lucie Phillips (New Entrepreneurs Foundation)
17:00 Panel with Laura Heijink and entrepreneurs Yasmin Desai and Raimonda Jankunaite
- Laura Heijink is a second year student at QMUL and is president of the university’s student society Queen Mary Entrepreneurs (QME), promoting entrepreneurship within the university.
- Dr Tracy Bussoli is the Careers Consultant for Researchers at QMUL. She has a specialist interest in enterprise and is responsible for delivering a series of workshops entitled ‘Generate Your Business Idea’ at QMUL. She is also part of a team of careers consultants that offers one-in-one advice to people wanting to start up their own business.
- Lucie Phillips is an Account Manager for New Entrepreneurs Foundation (NEF) and Commercial and Marketing Manager for the Bright Network. NEF is a charity which runs a scheme to place young entrepreneurs in host companies and gives them a salary and the skills to start their own scalable business afterwards. The Bright Network is a boutique platform for the brightest minds to access the best opportunities and connections.
- Yasmin Desai is also a second year student at QMUL and part of the QME committee. She is the founder of the magazine Hampshire Student Directory.
- Raimonda Jankunaite is studying law at BBP Law School. She is a social entrepreneur and the Director of WeFill, a company finding innovative solutions to minimise excessive waste from beverage consumption.