The Careers and Enterprise Centre, in collaboration with Women In Science and Engineering (WISE), are running a PhD alumni networking event for PhDs from the faculty of Science and Engineering and the School of Medicine and Dentistry. The event is being held so that current PhD Students and Postdoctoral Researchers can gain an insight into the range of career options open to those with a PhD.
We currently have seven alumni attending from a range of sectors. You will have the chance to meet all of the alumni in a speed networking event where small groups of students can spend ten minutes with each of the alumni, asking questions and gaining invaluable information about how to secure work in a range of sectors.
When: Wednesday 12th November from 18.30-20.00
Where: FB1.13a and FB1.15 (adjoining rooms)
The current line-up of alumni is shown below:
- Erik Scheuermann: European Patent Attorney, Rapisardi Intellectual Property.
- Mark Klewpatinond: Process Operations Supervisor, ExxonMobil.
- Stacy Gladman: Clinical Trial Project Manager, Hammersmith Medicines Research Ltd.
- Jo Brody: CHI and Med Public Engagement Coordinator, QMUL and Science Information Officer, Diabetes UK.
- Becky Stewart: Tech Entrepreneur, CodaSign.
- Katrina Ray: Senior Editor, Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Nature Reviews Rheumatology.
- Colombine Gardair: Ergonomist, Ford.
Please book a place on the CAPD Course website, https://www.esdcourses.org.uk/listcourse.php, using course code RC212. Places are limited so please book soon.